Tl;dr: Zengo becomes the 1st MPC self-custodial wallet to launch support for Arbitrum One.
Zengo is the first self-custodial wallet with no seed phrase vulnerability to integrate with the Arbitrum One network. As a result, Arbitrum One users can enjoy securing their L2 assets in Zengo’s multi-chain wallet along with their Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other L2 assets like Polygon, Optimism, and soon, Base.
Arbitrum One is ahead of the curve: Again!
Zengo’s support for Arbitrum One is a big moment for the community, as it offers a seamless gateway to Zengo’s renowned security and user-friendly experience. Zengo’s impeccable record of zero hacks or thefts since launch in 2018 (with over 1 million customers) is especially exciting for the Arbitrum One community, as they can now manage their assets with unparalleled security and engage in the ecosystem without the traditional complexities associated with seed phrases. Zengo’s sleek interface and the addition of features like Theft Protection, a built-in Web3 Firewall, and Legacy Transfer, available with Zengo Pro, offer a comprehensive and sophisticated asset management experience.
Why Arbitrum One?
Arbitrum One is a vibrant and rapidly growing Ethereum Layer 2 ecosystem renowned for its scalability and reduced transaction fees. Forget about paying high gas fees on Ethereum’s main Layer 1! Here are some of the top activities and Dapps that Zengo users can dive into on Arbitrum One:
- Send and transfer money – quickly and cheaply: Send assets from USDC to ETH using Arbitrum One for fractions of a penny. The assets will get immediately sent across the network, faster and much less expensive than using Ethereum’s main layer.
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi): Engage with leading DeFi platforms like Aave and Curve, where you can lend, borrow, or earn yield on your assets in a more cost-effective and efficient environment compared to the main Ethereum network.
- Trading and Swaps: Access Uniswap or SushiSwap on Arbitrum One for optimized trading and liquidity provision, benefiting from lower fees and faster transactions.
- NFT and Gaming: Explore TreasureDAO, a unique platform that blends NFTs, gaming, and DeFi, offering a rich and diverse digital experience.
- Bridging Assets: Utilize platforms like Hop Protocol or Across to seamlessly bridge assets between Arbitrum One and other networks, ensuring liquidity and accessibility across the blockchain space (note that bridges have tradeoffs; do your own research before using).
Zengo’s support for Arbitrum One not only opens the door to these top-tier applications and activities but does so with the promise of security, ease, and a user-centric approach, making it an invaluable tool for anyone looking to dive deep into the possibilities of decentralized technology.
Coming soon: Arbitrum One faucet for Zengo Pro users
One of the biggest issues with getting started on a Layer 2 like Arbitrum One or Polygon is getting access to the gas you need to pay for transactions. Similar to our Polygon Faucet, Zengo Pro users will soon get access to a special Arbitrum One faucet – making it easy to get a small amount of free aETH (Ethereum on Arbitrum One) to pay for gas fees. Watch this space for more information.